Tuesday, February 01, 2005
Ground Hog Day
I'm sorry for not writing on mlkj day.
Ground Hog day, this is actually one of the holidays I do like but alas I must carry my duty. The reason I like Ground Hogs day (and the same reason it's so hard to bash this day) is because it has not strayed from the purpose. People dress as the way their ancestors dress and rely on the sun and a fat rodent to predict the weather. I can't believe they thought that a fat rodent could predict the weather. And how did they decide on a ground hog. What a bunny or rat was to hard to find in the 17th century Pennsylvania? Also most of the people were farmers, they couldn't make a weather calendar, I mean the Aztecs did it and they made semi daily sacrifices. But alas as long as the name Phil is given to a ground hog and he wakes up to a bunch of weirdly dressed people and sees the shadow cast by our source of life we will wait till every Feb 2nd to see if their will be in six more weeks of winter.
Ground Hog day, this is actually one of the holidays I do like but alas I must carry my duty. The reason I like Ground Hogs day (and the same reason it's so hard to bash this day) is because it has not strayed from the purpose. People dress as the way their ancestors dress and rely on the sun and a fat rodent to predict the weather. I can't believe they thought that a fat rodent could predict the weather. And how did they decide on a ground hog. What a bunny or rat was to hard to find in the 17th century Pennsylvania? Also most of the people were farmers, they couldn't make a weather calendar, I mean the Aztecs did it and they made semi daily sacrifices. But alas as long as the name Phil is given to a ground hog and he wakes up to a bunch of weirdly dressed people and sees the shadow cast by our source of life we will wait till every Feb 2nd to see if their will be in six more weeks of winter.