Monday, February 14, 2005

 

Valentines Day

Yes the most sicking holiday is among us and worst it's on a Monday. The Greeks had a love goddess named Aphrodite. Like all the other gods the Romans stole her and named her Venus and her son Cupid. The Romans must have been in the middle of a transition between their old religion and the new one, catholism, when they created this gagging holiday, how else would you explain St.Valentine and charab Cupid together in one day. Any way the whole idea of a love saint is messed up. Especially when they say he was in prison for going against the emperor. Now I will not say that famous line, you all know the one, (just another holiday created by hallmark). I will not say this because I don't believe a card industry is powerful enough or old enough to have created such a demonic hell spun chaotic day like this. But alas today we will be forced to "celebrate" this holiday just like any other and for the people like me who don't we will have the misfortune of speaking our voice only to have squashed with another famous line (you're just mad because you don't have a date). And by the way if you think you need a date because of a certain date I feel sorry for you.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?